socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

hello, Im a Registered nurse and currently a graduate student

hello, I'm a Registered nurse and currently a graduate student student at a local college. the institution is defrauding their graduate students of an education. we have a handbook regarding family nurse practitioner requirements and what the college will contractually offer and they are not following through on providing us with those requirements. this is a graduate family nurse practitioner program for which i'm paying for and am having to resort to looking at wikipedia to educate myself and purchasing books to read. they are defrauding myself and the other graduate students. i have collected a great amount of evidence.

Is this a private or public school?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is a private school, i've searched online for reviews from other students and discovered so many similar situations, disgust with the school, they are providing us the students with a substandard education, it's not a graduate level. as a matter of fact, one of the professors the same professor who posted the cardiac powerpoint on electronic blackboard has posted it has an undergraduate cardiac powerpoint, THIS IS A GRADUATE CLASS AND HE'S POSTING UNDERGRADUATE CARDIAC with sparse info. how am i supposed to be prepared? this is robbery, i feel cheated out of an education. he's supposedly teaching us to differentianly diagnose and has no experience in being a nurse practiioner, he solely has a master's degree with noooooooo experience as a nurse practitiner whatsoever, I honestly don't know who to turn to, EVERY GRADUATE STUDENT FEELS THE SAME HOWEVER NO ONE IS DOING ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY FEEL RETALIATION. I NEED TO DO SOMETHING. THEY ARE DEFRAUDING ME. THEY SHUT DOWN THE ADULT NURSE PRACTITIONER PROGRAM WITHOUT ANY WRITTEN NOTICE EMAILED OR PROVIDED TO ANYONE, AND ARE STILL ADVERTISING IT WHICH IS A MISREPRESENTATION. THEY PROMISED US CLINICAL PLACEMENT WHICH I CLEARLY HAVE UNDERLINED AND HIGHLIGHTED IN MY NP SCHOOL HANDBOOK AND THEY ARE NOT DELIVERING ON THEIR PROCESS, THEY ARE TELLING US WE HAVE TO FIND OUR OWN CLINICALS, THESE ARE NOT THE CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH I APPLIED TO THE SCHOOL. I HOPE YOU CAN AT THE VERY LEAST TELL ME WHAT RECOURSE I HAVE.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello, did you get my previous reply?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I haven't received a response to my situation

Sorry for the delay. Helping another customer.

What you are describing is either breach of contract, if you can identify the actual promises not performed in your enrollment agreements. Or, it's a fraud, assuming that you have literature or testimony of witnesses who all believe that the school misrepresented its offerings to you (individually and collectively).

Assuming as you allege, there are many students who believe they have been deceived, then you can contact a civil litigation attorney and collectively sue to recover your tuition and damages for the time wasted in the program.

Most of the time, these types of claims are practically impossible to win -- because only one student is complaining. But, if you've got an entire class complaining, then it could be a "slam dunk."

If you would like a link to a reputable lawyer referral service, please let me know and I will be happy to provide.

And, thanks for using!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you kindly refer me to this reputable lawyer in NYC? I may be able to get more folks involved in this lawsuit I am looking to file

I cannot make direct referrals (illegal). The most reputable referral service (ed. op.) is:

New York City Bar Association LRS
New York, NY

Counties Served: New York, Kings, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland

The service "vetts" its panel, so while the lawyers may not be the most competent in the city -- they are all competent enough for most legal matters.

Hope this helps.