WALLSTREETFIGHTER
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
16356563

My wife has been working for Abercrombie and Fitch since April

My wife has been working for Abercrombie and Fitch since April 2013, and is currently working now for them. She transferred from the Maryland office to the New York office on August 15, 2013. For the whole month of August 2013 she wasn't paid any paycheck. She called, texted, spoke with management, district managers called the "special employee hotline" all to no avail.

For the months of August 2013,she was to be paid a rate of approximately $14.50 per hour in the state of Maryland and $15 for the time worked in the state of New York. She worked for 8 hours per day, and 5 days per week. Her last day of work at (a branch of Abercrombie) in Wheaton mall, in Maryland was August 15, 2013, followed by working for the company in New York for the rest of the month.

She has not received a check for approximately 800 hours. She worked those hours between August 1st – August 30th. I calculate the amount of wages owed to be approximately $2260, based on her approximate rate of pay and hours listed above.

On September 9th, she requested a check from Trey (store manager in Wheaton mall in Maryland) but I have not yet received it.

She texted the store manager in Wheaton mall last night and asked him for the tracking number that was given when he mailed it to the New York office days after the month of August 2013. I don't have her phone with me, but his reply was not a positive reply, but and irresponsible one that did not answer her question. He said something like this which appeared to be negative: "I mail the checks already." <---- (I don't have the exact words now).

I hope I have been clear. We don't want to cause trouble, just want to be paid. She doesn't have to work there. I want her to go back to finish college next year to that she can be a doctor or pharmacist.

WALLSTREETLAW :

Hello and welcome. My name isXXXXX am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

WALLSTREETLAW :

The actions of the employer are clearly against the State and Federal wage laws, which requires employers to pay employees for the services they rendered,

WALLSTREETLAW :

under the law in NYS you can file a wage complaint and the labor department would force the employer to pay her, as well as in Maryland, and that should be the first step.

WALLSTREETLAW :

She can also sue the employer in small claims court for the amount, that will also force them to apy.

WALLSTREETLAW :

The above is the NYS link to file a wage complaint

WALLSTREETLAW :

This is the Maryland wage complaint link, which needs to be filed,

WALLSTREETLAW :

once you file the complaints with the State Labor boards,

WALLSTREETLAW :

they will contact the employer and force them to pay her.

Customer:

Ok. My mother told me to write a letter to the employer as well and mail it to the management in Maryland and save a copy of the paper with the tracking number so that we would have a paper trail. Is that necessary?

WALLSTREETLAW :

no,

WALLSTREETLAW :

they have already violated the law for delaying her pay,

WALLSTREETLAW :

at this point she should file a wage complaint,

Customer:

Ok. Also, we cannot make a lot of money for this case like we see in the news, right? Just the payment they owe us?

WALLSTREETLAW :

since there is such a delay,

WALLSTREETLAW :

it would be possible to ask for interest,

WALLSTREETLAW :

also it may be possible to ask for some damages, if you bring a lawsuit against them

Customer:

If so, then I would like to pursue it and use you as a lawyer. :P

WALLSTREETLAW :

We cannot represent customers,

WALLSTREETLAW :

however, in NY you can contact a wage attorney to bring a lawsuit,

WALLSTREETLAW :

You can contact the local bar association to find an attorney to represent her,

WALLSTREETLAW :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

WALLSTREETLAW :

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback, thank you

Customer:

Sorry... the connect here at 7-eleven is bad.

We cannot represent customers,
WALLSTREETLAW : however, in NY you can contact a wage attorney to bring a lawsuit,
WALLSTREETLAW : You can contact the local bar association to find an attorney to represent her,
WALLSTREETLAW : If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
WALLSTREETLAW : If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback, thank you Customer: