Joseph
Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.
54899578

Is reading other peoples email against the law state of california

Is reading other peoples email against the law state of california for Yahoo email?

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Reading someone's email is only considered a crime if it is done in order to commit another crime. For instance, if email is read to obtain someone's bank account information to wrongfully deduct funds from that account. Otherwise, the federal government or any county D.A. or prosecutor wouldn't be interested in someone just hacking into your email to read it.

Civilly, you could sue for invasion of privacy for someone reading your email without your consent. You could definitely do so if they publish any of private information that is contained in your email to someone else or make it available for public viewing.

For instance, you would have a successful cause of action if you can demonstrate economic damages as a result. For instance, someone hacks your email and exposes a secret affair causing you to lose your job. You would definitely have a cause of action there, since economic damages would be easy to prove.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Please contact me first if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!

-Joseph