LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

Whats the best business model to start up a wholesales telecommunicati

Customer Question

Whats the best business model to start up a wholesales telecommunication business (e.g. VOIP service providers) in Malaysia to avoid unnecessary tax and regulatory requirements?
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 3 years ago.

Hello Woody,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney and am very happy to try and answer your question today.

Malaysian law recognizes and permits a variety of business entities, including general partnership, sole proprietorship and limited liability partnership. However, to achieve the most favorable tax and regulatory treatment (not to mention a number of other benefits), your best bet would be to form a corporation.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me. I will be sure to check back for any further word from you when I am again working online in this forum.

I truly hope all works out for you and that the information I have provided proves useful. Thanks so much for using this service and best wishes for a success business venture!

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are hard to meet licensing requirements (in terms of heavy license fee and long processing time) and implication of GST and income tax deductions requirements on the payments you receive or make. Since the margins are very thin it makes the whole business unfeasible. However, there are whole sale telecommunication companies operating from duty free islands on Malaysia like Labuan. I am actually wondering, how did they manage to get rid of the requirements of telecom license, GST and income tax deductions required on the remittances? This is what i was hoping to get in response to my questions. Your answer of go for a corporation form of business doesn't help at all.

Best regards

Wadud

Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m Michelle, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Michelle-Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michelle
i need to know how to get rid of the requirements of licensing and tax deductions on remittances to non residents. if any one could answer this by Monday i am happy to wait for this . Otherwise, please arrange to refund the money. best regards
Woody

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Michelle-Moderator
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us; we are waiting on another Legal professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. We appreciate your understanding!

Best,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can wait until Monday. If there is no success by then, will appreciate if you close my question and process the refund.

Many thanks
Woody