John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.

I manage a moving & storage company. We were moving a customer

I manage a moving & storage company. We were moving a customer and she had to leave. She didn't come back and when the guys contacted her to tell her that she needed to sign the paperwork she told them that she couldn't because she was going to work and told them to sign it. She is now saying that she didn't say that and she is claiming lots of damage. Question : Do I have each employee go to an attorney and have them sign a written statement of exactly what went down ?
Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

They don't necessarily have to go to an attorney to submit their versions of what occurred. You could simply have them swear out an affidavit on what happened. Affidavits are simply statements under oath of what happened. You can find model affidavits on line.

You may also want to consult with management whether you need to file an insurance claim at this time because if this ever does go to litigation you may have to enact your insurance coverage to pay at the very least part of your attorney fees. Most insurance policies require reporting a potential claim as soon as it is known or they may not cover the claim.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.