Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

Hi, thanks for your help! I will keep questions short now that

Hi, thanks for your help! I will keep questions short now that you have explained my options well. If I file one of these motions properly and in good faith supported by valid legal argument and the judge denies it, do I have to pay cost/fees the defendant incurred in defending the motion? There is no agreement for either party to pay legal fees.

Thelawman2 :

No, in the United States, each party is responsible for their own attorney's fees and costs. The only way that you would have to pay for attorney's fees of the other party is if the court determined that the motions were frivolous and had no bearing in law (it is a high burden for a party to meet this standard, especially if you are representing yourself). Courts do not like to prevent pro se litigants from filing motions.

Customer:

thanks