Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I filed for an order for protection and also asked for restitution

I filed for an order for protection and also asked for restitution (filed with the OFP) for the damage my ex-wife caused to my vehicle ($3K). She admitted to causing the vehicle damage but denied the assault on me. The judge ruled it insufficient evidence of the domestic abuse and did not order the OFP but never addressed the restitution. Is restitution normally a different hearing?

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : No, restitution isn't usually addressed in a separate hearing. Its likely that the court just overlooked the restitution issue when deciding the matter. Thus, you would likely need to file a motion to clarify the court's order.
Roger : In the motion, you can state that the court heard evidence on the restitution matter, but failed to provide anything in its order regarding that issue.
Roger : Then you can ask the court to issue a supplemental order addressing restitution.