Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.

Because of denial, I want to audio record my spouse in our

Because of denial, I want to audio record my spouse in our home. This would be done without written or oral consent. This is done to backup my case of verbal abuse.

In Georgia you are allowed to record the conversations between people so long as you are a party to that conversation or at least person to the conversation consents to the recording (Georgia Code § 16-11-62 and § 16-11-66). So, since you are a party to the conversations between you and your spouse, you are legally allowed to record the conversation. You can find the above referenced provisions of the Georgia Code Here.

I hope this answers you question.