MyraB, Attorney
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in criminal law and civil litigation from pre-trial practice to appeal.

how can I find if I get compensation for taking lipitor in

how can I find if I get compensation for taking lipitor in approxamately 2002?
Hello and thank you for your question.

Whether you can get compensation for taking lipitor in 2002 or about then will depend on several factors, some of which are if you have developed any diseases, such as diabetes, or other health issues that can be linked to your taking the drug, and whether the statute of limitations may be a bar to any claim. In Mississippi there is a 3 year statute of limitation for products liability cases, but the statute does not begin to run until a person discovers that he or she has been injured. The statute can be found here

Therefore, if you have recently developed health issues that can be linked to Lipitor that you took in 2002 or thereabouts then you may still be able to make a claim.

At this point you may want to consult with an attorney or law firm that specializes in Lipitor cases. Many will review your case for free and will take your case on a contingency basis, meaning you don't pay them any money up front and the attorneys get paid only if and when you are successful.

From the facts that you give there may be some obstacles to overcome, but whether you can recover will depend on a review of all the circumstances. Experts are prohibited by site rules from making direct referrals to attorneys, but you can find attorneys and firms who are experienced with Lipitor litigation through an internet search for "Lipitor attorney" or the like. Just be sure to perform due diligence and find an attorney who you are comfortable with, who you have confidence in and who will give your case the attention it deserves.

Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not know about a lawsuit against lipitor until asked today

Thank you for your response and positive rating.

There is not just one lawsuit involving Lipitor. There are law firms that continue to investigate class action lawsuits against Pfizer, the manufacturer of Lipitor and individual suits. For purposes of the statute of limitation, the time that matters is not when you found out about a lawsuit, but when you knew or should have known that you were injured by taking Lipitor. If you didn't make the connection between your health problems and Lipitor until you read about the lawsuit then that would be an argument to make to toll the statute of limitation.

There are many lawsuits and many attorneys who handle these cases. You may want to explore further if you believe you have been injured by taking Lipitor.

Let me know if you need any further information.