Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

In a FL Civil Action against parties who damaged an individual

In a FL Civil Action against parties who damaged an individual DURING (not before) a corporate bankruptcy where that individual was an officer and creditor of the CH-11 Debtor, are their actions TOLLED by the CH-11 proceedings until the case is Discharged by the Bankruptcy Court, as I believe is the case for Actions arising BEFORE the Petition Date?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Those actions are not 'tolled' unless the actions of injury are likewise listed with the CH 11 as a valid debt. Otherwise, as the actions are new and not disclosed, the injured party has the basis to file suit against the defendant for damages to which that party was exposed to. I do not see why such actions would be considered tolled in this instance.

Hope that helps.