Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My dad took a loan out on a bobcat in his name with the understanding

My dad took a loan out on a bobcat in his name with the understanding that his stepson would pay the note however after 2 years he stop paging the note so my dad started paying the note an he went to court to sue to have it taken from the step son and the court ruled in my dads favor and gave him the bobcat and now the stepson is wanting my dad to pay him what he already paid on the note does he have any standing on that issue
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
now the stepson is wanting my dad to pay him what he already paid on the note does he have any standing on that issue
.
From a purely financial viewpoint, if stepson had the use and possession of the bobcat during the 2 years, a judge would likely just zero out his payments vs.being able to use it for 2 years and any depreciation .
.
So I would opine that a judge would not award stepson anything if he sued.
.
.
Thanks