Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

i am trying to open up an online store by the name "

Customer Question

i am trying to open up an online store by the name "dashing apparel" and i would like to know if the famous KARDASHIAN girls could sue since their company name is "dash" and they have a perfume called "dashing"
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

That is a good question. What the courts would pay attention to is whether or not the names are XXXXX XXXXX or if there would be reasonable confusion in the market between your name and the existing names out there. This is not an objective evaluation but is based on market forces. In addition it may also be based on your own trademark or logo--the more similar it is to their logo, the more 'substantial' confusion there may be in the market. Most likely if your logo is quite different, and you end up selling apparel that is not theirs but made by other designers there is a low chance of being pursued. The more dissimilar you make yourself from them, the far less likely you would give them a reason to send you a cease and desist in this insurance.

Hope that helps.

Michael,

I appreciate the 'bad' rating. What specifically did I fail to answer? Or were you expecting a very specific and a 'yes/no' response when one does not exist in your situation? Please advise.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am dissatisfied with the answer and would like a full refund. thankyou