Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

I pay $105 a month on a storage unit, I went online and for

I pay $105 a month on a storage unit, I went online and for my size unit it is posted as $79 a month regular price. When I contacted my storage unit and asked why my unit was more I was told the price online was discounted, I pointed out that the discounted price is $64 a month for new customers, but that it shows REGULAR PRICE, not discounted as $79. Is this legal for them to do or is this rent increase vs. posted regular price not matter?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If you agreed to the price of the unit at the time you rented it, there is unfortunately no law that would require the property manager to reduce your rent because they otherwise changed the price. They're only legally required to the price agreed to in the original contract. What you could do, if you have a month-to-month agreement is seek to negotiate a new price going forward. If they believe you're likely to move your belongings to a competitor, that may make them more likely to work with you. Otherwise, the option is to wait until your contract expires and negotiate a new one.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.