Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

Morning.... How do I vacate a judgement in Tennessee. I have

How do I vacate a judgement in Tennessee.
I have reached a settlement with the plaintiff.
Thanks, Customer

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

If you and the plaintiff have reached an agreement, you can file a Joint Motion for Relief from Judgment, explaining to the judge that the parties have reached a settlement and asking that the judgment be vacated and the case be dismissed, consistent with the terms of the agreement. There isn't a specific form that must be used. Usually, the settlement agreement would be attached to the motion so the judge can see that the case has been resolved.

It's something that the parties can create on their own, sign and file. It is easier if the other party also signs the motion, because then the judge may be able to take action right away, without waiting to see if the plaintiff files a response.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

You're welcome. Have a good day.