Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

I have a news team coming to my house to fo a news story about

I have a news team coming to my house to fo a news story about my brother who is in a mental hospital. They want to release him even though he is saying the same things that he did when he attacked someone. Can I say the hospitals name, doctors name and social workers name if what I am saying is true about their misconduct and how they have not done their job?
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you!

As long as what you say is true, then they would not be able to prevail in a defamation claim against you. To
prevail in a defamation suit for libel or slander and recover damages, a person
("Person A") must prove 4 things: (i) another person ("Person B") conveyed a
defamatory message they knew or should have known to be false; (ii) the
material was published (i.e., conveyed to someone other than Person A); (iii)
Person A can be identified as the person referred to in the defamatory material; and (iv) Person A suffered an injury to Person A's reputation as a result of the communication. As you can see, in order to be subject to a defamation claim, you would have to say something you know or should know is false. As long as what you are saying is the truth, you would have no liability for talking about and/or identifying these specific people and/or organizations.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thanks so much for the positive rating and the generous bonus! I appreciate your kindness and the opportunity to serve you!