How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hired an attorney but he had stopped communicating with me.

Customer Question

I hired an attorney but he had stopped communicating with me. I contacted the Florida Bar and made a complaint. The attorney responded by having his assistent call me and tell me that unless I paid him $3500.00 more he would withdraw from my case. I have a contract with the attorney for a flat fee. What can I do? This case is about to go to trial.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. Why is the attorney asking for an additional $3500 if the contact was for a flat fee? Is this for a trial fee and if so, was the trial included in the scope of the representation? Also, when is the trial?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I just wanted to follow up and see if you had a chance to respond to my information request above. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't need help with this question

Related Legal Questions