LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

What can I do to protect myself if I think Ive got involved

What can I do to protect myself if I think I've got involved with someone who I have reason to believe is being federally investigated.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. Do you have an idea of what they are being investigate for? Also, what is your involvement with them, which may link you to the investigation?
Hi. Just wanted to see if you had a chance to respond to my information request above. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I believe for drugs. And i'm sleeping with him.
Thank you for the additional information. If you want to protect yourself, it would be best to distance yourself from him at this time. You certainly do not want to give the impression that you are involved with him in any criminal activity or involved with drugs and whatever he is doing with them. Sleeping with him will not get you in trouble, you just do not want to be implicated or for him to try and involve you in any way. If you have not done anything illegal, then there would be no evidence to link you to any crime but they could be monitoring you, to make sure you are not helping him or involved.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! Thats kind of what I thought you'd say. But used my phone so which I'm sure is being traced. So that was another reason to ask.

Even if he used your phone, it does not mean you knew the purpose of the call. He could have just asked to use it to make a call because he did not have his around or he could have used it when you left it around and where no nearby.