CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

If someone who holds a bar membership and has graduated from

Customer Question

If someone who holds a bar membership and has graduated from a NON ABA Accreditted School wishes to make a case to sit for the bar exam in a state that prohibits NON ABA studentss from taking the bar, how can they do so. What kind of lawyer should they consult/hire.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 years ago.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. My name is Bill and I would like to assist you today.

William B. Esq. :

While the bar admissions rules for each state are very specific (some states such as California do not have any reciprocity with any other state, while others such as Washington, Oregon, and Idaho have a mutual reciprocity after an attorney licensed in one of those three states has practiced without negative action for a period of 5 years), in general, the admission standards as set (such as what type of accreditation is required) are fairly inflexible. An attorney that works with state bar disciplinary matters would be the ideal attorney to assist you with contesting any admissions issues as they have the most familiarity with the bar regulations as well as the individuals responsible for making these decisions.

William B. Esq. :

I hope the above is helpful, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to let me know and I will follow up quickly.

Thank you for using our service, please do not forget to rate my answer when you are satisfied. I am going to transfer our conversation to the "Q&A" format to ensure you can review the entire response and that I can follow up to any questions you may have quickly. I do wish you the best of luck in this matter.