TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I have a contract with Dex Knows from 09/12 throught 09/13.

I have a contract with Dex Knows from 09/12 throught 09/13. I had a dollar bill size ad placed in their yellow pages. I have been with them for 27 years. This past year they did a tracking number for me at their request,which I agreed. The book came out in Late Sept. early Oct. 2012. I live in Naples Florida and we have a very seasonal work year here from Oct through April. That is when the people come here to live during the winter months. I was just advised by a persistent customer, that the tracking number(in Big Bold Red Print BTW) is located on my ad was out of service. I tried the number myself, and I received an out of order reply. Now I am loosing money. I called their customer service and advised them of my dilemma. They requested I give them a couple of days to investigate. I agreed, but cringed at the thought of loosing more business. The returned my call and advised me that the number has been lost, that it has been lost since Feb 1 of 2012. They said they were sorry. I advised them that I lost countless customers do to their mistake. They offered me a 1325.00 refund which was not in a check, but a credit to my current account. What can be done to this company for making such a huge mistake. I am still loosing money as of today.
Kind regards
Tom Keeling
Collier Window Cleaning
Naples Florida
XXX-XXX-XXXX..office
XXX-XXX-XXXX..cell
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles with the ads. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Based on what you wrote, you would be entitled to a refund for what you paid for the ads. If $1325 does not cover what you paid, then you could sue for more in small claims court. The refund should not be a credit. The refund should be cash to directly reimburse you for what you already paid out of pocket. As an aside, many people may have the inclination to argue that they are entitled to lost profits, but unfortunately that argument wouldn't be successful. It wouldn't be successful because you merely paid for ads ... you didn't pay for customers, and there was no promise of customers.

So, if I were you, I would calculate how much you've spent on ads, and then demand a full refund in cash. If they refuse, then I would sue in small claims court.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To TJ, Esq." in the subject line of your question.