Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My brothers daughter is 24 and a horrible drug addict; they

My brother's daughter is 24 and a horrible drug addict; they live in the state of Oregon. She is on his insurance policy as they can be until they turn 26. He is hoping that in that time she will go for treatment but at the present time she has left treatment facilities and been at several hospital emergency rooms taken there by her druggie friends and the police once. When the drugs wear off she gives them her insurance card or they have already gone through her purse to looking for identification and have found it. There is a 20% copay or more if they take her somewhere out of the area. If it is my brother's insurance through his employer and she is on that policy is he responsible for the charges not covered by insurance.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
There is a 20% copay or more if they take her somewhere out of the area. If it is my brother's insurance through his employer and she is on that policy is he responsible for the charges not covered by insurance.
.
No, it is the party who is being treated that is responsible for any additional costs that insurance doesn't cover. Basically the insurance is a contract between insurer and insured that states that they will pay $XXX amount for covered services. Anything over that is the insured's responsibility. Since the insured in this case is the daughter, it would be her responsibility to pay anything the insurance didn't cover unless her father expressly signed something with the hospital agreeing to be liable for the debt.
.
.
Thanks