CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

Hi I got engaged less than a year ago and moved into my fiancee

Home in Hampton,Va.She asked me to leave which I did within the last two weeks.She has not offered to return the engagement ring.What legal rights do I have.I paid 3000.00 for the ring.She told me she took it somewhere to get it appraised and was told it was only worth 500.00.I have a copy of what I paid. She told me she wanted to get it insured which I don't beleave.I think her intentions were to sell the ring.Can you advise me.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you today.

William B. Esq. :

I am very sorry to learn about the break in your engagement. Unfortunately, I cannot offer you any legal grounds for recovering the ring. In Virginia, once the ring has been given as a gift, the person who gave the gift cannot demand its return.

William B. Esq. :

Here is a short article written by a Virginia lawyer regarding this:

William B. Esq. :

I hope the above is helpful, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to let me know and I will follow up quickly.

Thank you for using our service, please do not forget to rate my answer when you are satisfied. I am going to transfer our conversation to the "Q&A" format to ensure you can review the entire response and that I can follow up to any questions you may have quickly. I do wish you the best of luck in this matter.