CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

Purchased a Toyata yesterday, new from a dealer with a trade-in.

Turns out that the next model up, with additional features standard, would cost the same as the model I purchased with extra features added for additional cost.

Do I have any legal recourse, or do I just throw myself on the mercy of the dealer?

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you today.

thank you, Bill.

William B. Esq. :

Unfortunately, in this situation you must "throw yourself on the mercy of the dealer". The dealership has no obligation to upgrade you to the next model (although a lot of dealers will work with customers for the good reputation).

William B. Esq. :

I wish I had a more supportive answer on this one, but from the legal side, as long as they delivered the model you agreed upon, they have performed their obligation.

William B. Esq. :

I am sorry, there was a break in my chat function, please let me know if you would like to continue with the chat format, or if you would prefer that I switch this over to the "Q&A" format (more like email). My apologies, I just want to make sure I can respond to you quickly.

William B. Esq. :

(Our entire conversation will show up in the Q&A either now or after we have finished chatting).