Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

Hi, I am a Bahraini and will be marrying a British. We know

I am a Bahraini and will be marrying a British. We know that if our children are born in the UK they will be granted UK citizenship. And we know that if we then bring them to Bahrain they will get Bahraini citizenship. But given that Bahrain does not allow dual nationality we will need to hide the British passport.
I want to know what will happen if the Bahrain authorities find out that the children have dual citizenship. Will there be any fines or legal implications in UK or Bahrain?

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you in any way that I can,

1. You will not be able to hide the UK passports of your children who are born in the UK because without a passport, they would not be able to enter Bahrain. Their UK passports would have to be presented to Bahrain Customs who will stamp the UK passports before they would allow them to enter Bahrain.;

2. Since Bahrain does not allow dual citizenship, the UK citizenship of any children born in the UK would have to be renounced before they could be granted citizenship in Bahrain;

3. The UK permits dual citizenship, so if the children's UK citizenship were renounced in Bahrain so that they could gain citizenship in Bahrain, they would lose their UK citizenship. But, when they returned to the UK, they could again become UK citizens and they could keep their Bahrain citizenship because UK permits dual citizenship.

There are no penalties or fines in either the UK or Bahrain for the reasons stated above,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,