Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.

I am negotiating a settlement, and the following language is

I am negotiating a settlement, and the following language is provided in the proposed settlement. My question is what is it saying and what do I need to be wary of in agreeing to it ... "Reliance. No promise or agreement not herein expressed has been made. This Agreement is not executed in reliance upon any statement or representation made by the parties, or any of them, or by any person employed by or representing them, or any of them."

My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The statement basically means that there was no other agreement or statements made that caused someone to rely on on the representations made in the agreement.

The agreement itself is all that the parties have agreed to, so outside statements or representations couldn't be claimed.

There's really nothing to be wary of, unless you were counting on any other representations that may have been made to you that are not included in the settlement agreement.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Please contact me first if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!