Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

For PaulMJD, do you have a formula to calculate the income

For PaulMJD, do you have a formula to calculate the income needed to rent an apartment at the price $515 a month?

or How much reasonable income a person/family must make a month to qualify for an apartment $515 rent?

I have a couple came to me to rent & their income is only $715 a month.
I'm not so sure how can they pay rent $515 & live on only $200 a month.
Do you have a formula to calculate the needed income to qualify for $515 rent?
Thank you for your new question. I look forward to working with you again.

Here is a rent calculator. If they make $715 a month, the calculator determines it to be $214.50 per month rent is all they can afford based on that much monthly income.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you have actual formula calculation?

Because I have to take into consideration that my rental studio is for limited low-income & my rent is included all utilities electricity, water,sewer, &trash, except phone.

Thank you for your response.

The formula is generally, Monthly Rent = ( 0.4x Gross Monthly Income) – Monthly Debts

Where "monthly debts" include items such as car payments, card payments, installment loan payments, etc.