Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Our church has a 501 (c) (3), and determined to be a public

Our church has a 501 (c) (3), and determined to be a public charity. Our church has formed a coalition. Can we accept donations and provide decutions for the coalition using our status or does the coalition need to file a 501 (c) to be considered a non-profit?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Is the coalition carrying out your non-profit/charitable purpose?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good question, not sure how to answer. The coaliton is to encourage and unite parents, youth, and neighborhoods, with a goal to estabish neighborly respect, as well as, work to develop relationships that are centered towards providing help and love to one another. We want to include everyone not just people connected to a church thats whey we decided to form a coalition.

Thank you for your response.

Yes, if this is the coalition purpose, your 501c3 can fund this as it is a charitable community purpose within the scope and purpose of your charitable organization. The coalition, if it is established by your 501(c)(3) for accomplishment of your charitable mission is allowed to be funded by your church 501 entity and you can accept donations which would be tax deductible to the donors for the funding of this coalition as part of your 501(c) church.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.