Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I accidentally ran into the back of a large SUV. I realize

I accidentally ran into the back of a large SUV. I realize it was my fault, but the very elderly lady just bowed up in traffic. Her car was not hurt, and she was also fine. However, when the police came to the scene something was wrong. I overheard one of the "EMS"
say "she's one of ours". Then with no warning police started going through all my things. I asked them to stop and asked for a lawyer. The policeman laughed and said."I have been watching to much TV. I asked for a lawyer again. Then, they wanted to draw blood from me, because they found a couple bottles of medicine in my purse. The bottles had my name on them. I said, I want to talk to a Attorney first. They wrote that I was being uncoroportive, and said, "well it looked like it was maybe enough medicine to them and took me to jail.
Once in jail, I was not booked until the next day. I was denied food and water.
I was put in a 4 by 4 ft. room that had human feces all over it. I was unable to use a phone to contact anyone until the next day. Then, through the grapevine, I find out I have been charged with 5 felonies. I don't even know what felonies I am charged with or even if it's true.
What should I do?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Dwayne B. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Dwayne B. :

At this point your best bet is to go and see an attorney who does criminal law. At some point you may want to consider a civil rights lawsuit but the first thing to find out is if you have been charged with multiple felonies because, if so, there will be warrants issued for you.

Dwayne B. :

I'm sure you have additional questions. Since the website is showing you are offline I will exit and assist others. When you pick back up if you want to discuss this real time please enter a reply and stay in chat and I will be back with you as soon as I finish with whoever I am helping.

Customer:

I would like to chat.

Customer:

I have no idea what to do. I know they charged me with a felony. From what I understood, they charged me with five crimes. I am 52 and have never been in trouble. I just don't get this.

Dwayne B. :

Nothing in your facts indicate there is a felony involved. Do you have any idea on what they charged you with?

Dwayne B. :

Also, where did you hear you had been charged?

Customer:

T.hey put me in jail. From what I understand they charged me with driving under the influence

Dwayne B. :

DWI/DUI is a misdemeanor

Customer:

The officer told me I was charged with a felony. What about the fact that I hit the car. I think they also charged me with reckless driving. Are any of those feloneys? I was not under the influence.

Dwayne B. :

Neither of those is a felony.

Dwayne B. :

You can get a felony is someone is severely injured when you were DWI but that doesn't fit your facts.

Dwayne B. :

Any idea what they meant by "she's one of ours"?

Customer:

How do I find out what I am charged with. I am considering a civil suit.

Dwayne B. :

You would need to hire a criminal lawyer at this point.

Dwayne B. :

They can find out what you have been charged with and why.

Customer:

Ok. Thanks

Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Began practicing law in 1992