Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Can i get a pardon on feloney if so where i find a lawyer that.do

Can i get a pardon on feloney if so where i find a lawyer that.do this
Expert:  Sam replied 12 months ago.

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing and providing information for you in this regard

The answer is yes. You may apply for a pardon "clemency" via the Florida Office of Clemency

You can use this LINK for more information and the application

There are few things to note about the process

1 - It is not something that happens overnight. It can take up to 2 years from start to finish depending on the "backlog"

2 - You can apply on your own using the application at the Link

3 - Generally, having a local attorney is not very useful only because the laws are that "everyone" who is eligible is to be considered for a clemency and so they are not supposed to give "preference" to those who can afford to have an attorney assist them. However, a local attorney can help you to fill out the paperwork - but it is going to come down to waiting in line, having an investigation into your background now and a local attorney should not be able to get you to the front of the line. But if you want to consult with a local attorney, I suggest you use the FLA Bar Association Legal Referral service and ask for a Criminal Defense attorney in your area

Phone(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m

4 - Once you are given a Pardon/Clemency your civil rights will be restored as it pertains to voting, sitting on a jury. But it will not restore your firearm rights, unless it is specifically requested and granted as full pardon. You can, however, be granted the partial pardon without the firearm restoration.

5 - Once you are granted the Pardon/Clemency you will then have to Petition the Court of Conviction to have your record expunged. It is a separate process. So even though let's say you are granted a Full Pardon, you still would not be able to purchase a firearm until the matter is expunged and the records sealed. The Pardon only provides you the "eligibilty" status to Petition the court for expungment

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated

Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.