Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Under the new Obama Care law since my daughter who is an unemployed

Under the new Obama Care law since my daughter who is an unemployed graduate student with no income, who would file separate on her tax returns if she filed, and currently paying for an individual health insurance plan on her own, could she qualify for subsidiary? If so, how would she go about obtaining it?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Here is a calculator for determining her qualifications for a subsidy under the affordable care act. Affordable Care Act Subsidy Calculator.

She would have to apply through the state medicaid office, IF the Affordable Care Act is even funded by Congress.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.