TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

Hello.I am Yulia and i want to know if it is possible to receive

Hello.I am Yulia and i want to know if it is possible to receive an inheritance out to Israel if there is a lawyer in court showing me personally but I do not know him. He contacted me by e-mail. He sends me documents that he received in the court also by e-mail and he promise to send all original documents after he gets all required documents. I send him money by Western Union servise for the documents and he sends me receipts, but also by e-mail.All documents and receipts looks original.I received also e-mails from Atlantique Banque in Togo-Lome that also looks original.I nee send money for the last two documents and i want to know if i can to continue trust them.I want also to know how i can check that this bank is really there.
Thanks.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this sounds very similar to several internet "lawyer" scams that are going on over the past couple of years.

A lawyer performing services in Probate Court (the court that handles inheritances), does not require payment from a potential beneficiary. The lawyer generally takes payment from the actual estate being distributed. Thus, this is likely a scam.

May I ask, where are you located and do you have any family in Israel?

TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Zachary

I live in Israel and ו have family here

Ok, if that is the case, I'm going to opt out and allow someone more familiar with Israeli probate law to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok,Thank you very much for the help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Zachary.

May i ask you,when are you send my guestion to other lawyer?

Thanks.

Yulia.

I'm Wendy and I'm a moderator for this Legal topic. Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com.

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Israel, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obligated to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.

Thank you for your understanding,
Wendy