Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

My sons lawyer is not listed next to him on the court calendar/docket.

My son's lawyer is not listed next to him on the court calendar/docket. Is that the lawyer dissociating himself from the case?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with yoru concerns.

Nn necessarily. What type ofa case is this--is it civil or criminal? Did the attorney formally terminate his relationship with your son in writing or by other means?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CIvil case, lawyer is still working with my son actively and still getting paid

Thank you for your follow-up.

His lack of name next to your son may be a court oversight, or failure of the attorney to inform the courts that he is attached to the case. but it does not mean or represent that the attorney is not working with your son. An attorney would have to obtain permission from the courts to withdraw if the case is already in the trial phase, OR he would need to provide notice in writing to your son that he is withdrawing. Plus, doing so is very regimented--an attorney cannot withdraw if by doing so he causes harm to the case. In essence this removes around notice, and if no notice is given, the attorney is still attached to the case.

Hope that helps.