Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I recently rented out my summer home to someone who was getting

I recently rented out my summer home to someone who was getting married. They advertised my home by photo and address for a BBQ the day after their wedding on their "wedding blog." This blog is now public information on the web. I realize that this has already taken place, but I really do not want to be associated with their blog.
Being that I did not give them permission to do so, can I request they delete this from their blog? If so, how do I proceed should they not do so?

Thank you.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, as long as, these renters were lawfully on your property they have every legal right to post photos and address of your house as it related to their past wedding and I am afraid under the law there would not be any legal recourse for you to get this former tenant to delete this information from their blog.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Therefore, any tenant can advertise my home during their rental without my prior permission? Is there something I can add to me lease to prevent this?

Thank you for your follow up.

The tenants can display the rental in photos or online, as long as , it is done for pemissible purposes and they are not violating any laws in doing so.

Unfortunately, any clause in the lease that would prohitbit tenants from taking photos of the house and posting it on the internet would not be legally enforceable and at this point most of the houses and addresses within the USA can be easily viewed on the internet by using Google Earth.

I wish you the best of luck!