Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

i recently moved to the big island, and mailed 2 oz of medical

i recently moved to the big island, and mailed 2 oz of medical marijuana, for which i have a MD prescription in california, to my new hawaii address but the UPS tracking site says it was diverted to the federal government. i'm disabled and rely on the MM. what should i do? pete
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, marijuana is illegal under the federal law, regardless of whether a certain state allows it for medical use and mailing marijuana between two different states actually constitutes federal felony crime under the federal law and unfortunately it is likely that you would be questions by the DEA agents shortly and potentially can face federal felony drug charges.

At this point the best thing to do is to consult and retain local criminal defense attorney who is experienced in federal drug cases and not to say anything to anyone about this situation, without your attorney being present, since anything that you say will only be used against you in any upcoming criminal case against you.

You can find an experienced local criminal defense attorney by using this well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.