Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I have a bench warrant for failure to appear at a DUI 2nd offense

I have a bench warrant for failure to appear at a DUI 2nd offense hearing in Michiagn. I am flying in Michigan to another city in Michigan will they detain me if I fly?

Dwayne B. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Dwayne B. :

No one can answer this for 100% sure, for a number of reasons.

Dwayne B. :

First, the government doesn't release their info on how they check passenger manifests and when they check them.

Dwayne B. :

Next, they don't release the information on how they are conducting security checks ahead of time.

Dwayne B. :

However, I have known quite a few people that fly in their own state with warrants and none of them have been arrested yet.

Dwayne B. :

Usually people get caught when they enter or leave the country, not flying domestically.

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR DWAYNE B” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.