Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I received a differed prosecution for a minor possession of

I received a differed prosecution for a minor possession of marijuana in May 2011. I am thinking of enlisting in the Air Force, will I be disqualified for this ?
Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to providing you information in this regard

So, you got a deferred sentence based on successful completion of your probation - is that correct?

Did you successfully complete your probation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I did

Hello

Thank you

Then it should not hinder your ability to join the military, i.e. the Air Force.

I suggest what you will want to do is contact the Clerk of the Court where this matter happened and be sure that there is no record of anything as you completed your probation and therefore, the matter should not show up as a conviction

Then, of course, if there is no conviction on the record you can honestly answer that you have no conviction.

II hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.