How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27010
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a differed prosecution for a minor possession of

This answer was rated:

I received a differed prosecution for a minor possession of marijuana in May 2011. I am thinking of enlisting in the Air Force, will I be disqualified for this ?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to providing you information in this regard

So, you got a deferred sentence based on successful completion of your probation - is that correct?

Did you successfully complete your probation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I did


Thank you

Then it should not hinder your ability to join the military, i.e. the Air Force.

I suggest what you will want to do is contact the Clerk of the Court where this matter happened and be sure that there is no record of anything as you completed your probation and therefore, the matter should not show up as a conviction

Then, of course, if there is no conviction on the record you can honestly answer that you have no conviction.

II hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Sam and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you