Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

i am getting offensive letters (USPS)from a husband of a lady

i am getting offensive letters (USPS)from a husband of a lady i went out with
a couple of years ago(before she married) and he states that I was abusive
(she never implied that)
I just want him to stop the letters
thank you
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing and providing you information in this regard

I am sorry to hear you are being annoyed and harassemed in this manner - it happens in all forms and from all walks of life even by doctors, unfortunately.

Please tell me -

1 - When was the last time you go a letter or he commuicated with you otherwise?

2 - Was there communication via letter or otherwise after your return letter to him?

3 - Did you tell him in the letter not to contact you again?

4 - Do you have a copy of the letter? Was it mailed simple 1st class or by certified mail?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just got a letter a few days ago the letter came to my work by regular mail

this letter came at the same time I sent letter to him

I have letter and have not opened it

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for that information

I suggest you will want to wait to see if he contacts you again after you can determine that he has had the chance to read your letter.

If there is another letter or further contact, I suggest you write him a letter to "cease and desist"

In that letter you will tell him that his contact is annoying and harassing and that he must immediately cease and desist any and all further contact. I suggest in the letter you state that his failure to do so will result in criminal charges being filed as well you will obtain a protective order against him having any contact.

This letter MUST be mailed certififed with a return receipt to show that you placed him on Notice and he got that Notice.

Then, if there is any further contact, you call the police and file those harassment charges. You can then show the police a copy of your letter and the receipt you got from the Post Office showing that he got your Notice to Cease and Desist.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.