Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

When one files a judicial misconduct, how long does it take

When one files a judicial misconduct, how long does it take for the broad to order sanctions and/or a hearing?
Hello there:

Thank you for your question. There isn't a mandated time frame for completion. As you can imagine, the number of complaints greatly exceeds the number of valid complaints. I would estimate that over 99% of complaints are deemed unsubstantiated. For the unsubstantiated claims, they can usually be finished within 6-12 months.

If a complaint is substantiated, it can take much longer because the judge has a right to present and be heard. I would estimate, on average, that it takes about 2 years total, although I have seen it drag on for longer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The judge has to many cases and should recuse him self; than violate the attorney or pro-se person, unless the judge was prejudice
Hi again. I appreciate that information, but the answer actually remains the same. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In my case I cannot file because the judge is bias
A complaint of judicial misconduct isn't file with the judge. It's filed with the Judicial Inquiry Board.

Let me know if this is a federal court because the process is slightly different.