How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When one files a judicial misconduct, how long does it take

This answer was rated:

When one files a judicial misconduct, how long does it take for the broad to order sanctions and/or a hearing?
Hello there:

Thank you for your question. There isn't a mandated time frame for completion. As you can imagine, the number of complaints greatly exceeds the number of valid complaints. I would estimate that over 99% of complaints are deemed unsubstantiated. For the unsubstantiated claims, they can usually be finished within 6-12 months.

If a complaint is substantiated, it can take much longer because the judge has a right to present and be heard. I would estimate, on average, that it takes about 2 years total, although I have seen it drag on for longer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The judge has to many cases and should recuse him self; than violate the attorney or pro-se person, unless the judge was prejudice
Hi again. I appreciate that information, but the answer actually remains the same. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thanks.
Brandon M. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In my case I cannot file because the judge is bias
A complaint of judicial misconduct isn't file with the judge. It's filed with the Judicial Inquiry Board.

Let me know if this is a federal court because the process is slightly different.

Related Legal Questions