Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I received a speeding ticket in XXXXX XXXXX County, Texas where

I received a speeding ticket in XXXXX XXXXX County, Texas where the Deputy issued me a citation that had the complete Vehicle year model, make and model wrong. The prosecuting attorney informed me that it did not matter. Is this right?

Thelawman2 :

These errors are not grounds for an automatic dismissal but the errors could be used against the officer during trial to shake his credibility with a jury. If you want to fight the ticket, I would recommend hiring a traffic ticket attorney.

Thelawman2 :

You can call the officer as a witness and use the incorrect information as evidence that the officer got the violation wrong

Customer:

I will ask for a continuance when I go to court and meet with the prosecutor.

Thelawman2 :

You could also use such errors has a point of negotiation with the prosecutor

Thelawman2 :

Hiring a traffic attorney may help with any attempts to plead out with the prosecutor

Customer:

I tried that at the first meeting and they did not offer any choices at that time. He wanted to review the video. Can I request a viewing?

Thelawman2 :

You should be able to, but you would have to request the video from the prosecutor. If the prosecutor does not agree, then you will need to file a motion with the court to have the video released

Customer:

I will throw that wrench in the pile when along with a request for the deputy's radar maintenance records, his certification and his work card showing his daily patrol activities that day. Any other suggestions?

Thelawman2 :

If it is important enough, it is always smart to hire a local traffic attorney.

Customer:

I will see how this plays out with the meeting and then ask for a continuance to consult with one if nothing is worked out.