Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If I get served with a Informatioanl Subpoena and do not reply

If I get served with a Informatioanl Subpoena and do not reply can I be arrested as I was just served with one that had a Order to Execute Litigants Rights sent to me. The Order said I could be arrested if I did not respond. The debt is from a credit card coming from my divorce seveal years ago and was in my name.
The debt is over 6 years old.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

The debt is over 6 years old.

Response:
Unfortunately, yes. However, if you object to the subpoena, you need to file a Motion to Quash it. So, you can legally refuse to respond to a subpoena so long as you have followed proper procedures for refusing it. Click on the links below for sample Motions to Quash:

Sample Motion to Quash Subpoena-1

Sample Motion to Quash-2

Sample Motion to Quash-3

Sample Motion to Quash-4