Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

hello I wanted to check with you about a letter i was writing

hello I wanted to check with you about a letter i was writing to an inmate and make sure im not saying anything that might violate any laws or rules. thanks

Hey Dave,

I got your last letter and also the warning notice about the previous letter I sent that was returned. This definately alarmed me, I did not intend to break any rules/regulations, or cause you are me drama. That letter only contained stories you had requested, with the links, in your letter before that. I did not even read through them to be honest. I just coped and pasted. I think for now I am gonna refrain from sending any internet based content through, stories or pix or requested info, just to be safe. Again, the last thing I ever want to do is break a rule or upset the apple cart there or cause drama. I hope you understand that.

I will still talk to you about my life and you can talk about yours. Lets just stay away from the internet stuff for now.

I hope you are cool with that.

Carl
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Dwayne B. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Dwayne B. :

Nothing in that letter would appear to break any rule or regulation I have ever seen.

Dwayne B. :

There doesn't appear to be anything at all wrong with any of the language in there and nothing that could cause you or the inmate any issues.

Dwayne B. :

The website is showing you are offline so I will exit so I can assist other customers. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions that you have in this thread. However, please do not issue a rating until our interaction is complete and all of your questions have been answered.

Customer:

hello

Customer:

im here now

Customer:

sorry

Customer:

I didnt see this

Customer:

till now

Customer:

so you believe its ok?

Dwayne B. :

No problem.

Dwayne B. :

Absolutely. I see nothing in that exchange that would be an issue in any way.

Customer:

i reveal that I do internet searches

Customer:

is that ok?

Dwayne B. :

I don't think that is an issue since you are not offering to do that for them.

Customer:

well, but i did reveal that ive done it in the past

Customer:

im basically saying that I am stopping doing it

Customer:

but that I had did it

Customer:

done it

Dwayne B. :

You seem to indicate in your letter that there was a warning notice so obviously someone was aware that you were doing internet searches already.

Dwayne B. :

Since they are already aware then it isn't an issue.

Customer:

i see

Customer:

are you a lawyer

Customer:

what is your background

Dwayne B. :

I graduated law school in 1992 and had a very active practice until a few years ago. I now do consulting only.

Customer:

i see

Customer:

thank you

Dwayne B. :

Most of my work was criminal defense trial work or civil litigation.

Customer:

do u have experience with criminal matters

Customer:

i see

Dwayne B. :

A lot.

Customer:

so you wouldnt worry about this letter]

Dwayne B. :

No, I don't see any issues at all.

Customer:

i was very nervous when I recieved the citation

Dwayne B. :

What citation?

Customer:

i will show you

Customer:

1 second

Customer:

http://s24.postimg.org/4z64d5n6t/image.jpg

Customer:

that is what i recieved, and receiving that is the reason I wrote the letter you just read

Dwayne B. :

Give me just a sec and let me look at that.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

thanks

Dwayne B. :

That's not a citation as that term is used in the legal industry. However, nothing in there indicates anything you asked about in this question would be an issue.

Dwayne B. :

I think the language you asked about is perfectly fine.

Customer:

ah ok

Customer:

what would you call it

Customer:

and how worried should i be

Dwayne B. :

It's just a notice.

Customer:

about the "citation" i receive

Customer:

so i wont be in criminal trouble

Customer:

?

Dwayne B. :

Not just based on that or the letter you asked about.

Dwayne B. :

You want to be careful about sending anything into a prison system or doing anything a prisoner asks you to do.

Customer:

i got the notice after sending the inmate stories he requested from the internet

Dwayne B. :

But you seem to be okay so far.

Dwayne B. :

Those aren't illegal, it would just be against the rules of the prison.

Customer:

i copied and pasted them into a letter, they were erotic stories, i didnt read them

Customer:

andi guess one contained a baby sitter fantasy

Customer:

or something

Customer:

its all i can think of that was underage sex

Dwayne B. :

Pictures would be illegal but a story would not be.

Customer:

so then i got that notice and it scared me

Customer:

pictures of underage sex you mena

Customer:

mean

Customer:

not just any pictures

Dwayne B. :

Correct.

Customer:

ah ok

Customer:

i wouldnt even know how to get those

Customer:

anyway

Customer:

im not sending any pics

Customer:

regardless

Dwayne B. :

Nothing you have said so far indicates anything illegal occurred.

Customer:

he did ask for no nudity pix of porn stars and other sexy ladies he likes

Customer:

but i havent sent

Customer:

would that be illegal?

Dwayne B. :

No, not illegal but it could be against the rules.

Customer:

so what would i have to do to actually break a law

Customer:

not just get in trouble with the prison

Dwayne B. :

It is usually not a good idea to send anything other than letters. Don't actually print anything they ask for or do anything they ask you to do.

Customer:

what do you mean print something

Dwayne B. :

The question "what would I have to do to break the law" is too open ended to answer.

Customer:

i see

Dwayne B. :

In other words you can write letters to them but just don;t send anything other than the letter.

Dwayne B. :

That's the best way to avoid problems.

Customer:

i see

Customer:

so he asks for information about searches he cant do, about bands or porn stars or things like that, or even stories, i wont do that anymore

Customer:

its too iffy

Customer:

how long would i have to wait to find out if i was in trouble

Customer:

its been about a month

Dwayne B. :

You would already know.

Customer:

they wouldnt just wait on it

Dwayne B. :

No, no usually.

Customer:

ok, thank you. I guess i will send this last letter

Customer:

im glad it seems ok

Dwayne B. :

You're very welcome and best wishes to you on this and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I get credit for my work.

Customer:

for sure

Dwayne B. :

I'll exit now to assist others but it was a pleasure talking to you.

Customer:

so just to reiterate one last time. i seem like im ok?

Customer:

you wouldnt anticipate any legal problems

Dwayne B. :

Yes, I don't see any issues at all.

Customer:

thanks

Dwayne B. :

No legal problems are likely.

Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Began practicing law in 1992
Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR DWAYNE B” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.