How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16545
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in jail in Alabama for possible child abuse charges

This answer was rated:

My son is in jail in Alabama for possible child abuse charges in Los Angeles. What should we do?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Was your son arrested in Alabama on a felony arrest warrant issued in Los Angeles court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes California had him arrested and they are holding him in AL

Thank you for your follow up.

What is your specific legal question for me?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We need a lawyer in Los Angeles to represent him. Do you have any suggestions. He states it was an accident. He did not intend to hurt his child.

Thank you for your follow up.

Do you know the exact criminal charge that your son is facing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are not charges filed. They want him back for questioning. He missed a court date on 9/16/13 in Ca. The same date he received the notice.

Thank you for your follow up.

If your son was arrested on an arrest warrant that means there is a criminal charge pending against him in LA.

Can you please let me know what type of court date did he miss? In what type of case?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was for custody hearing for he and his wife's other child. The three month old child is in the hospital. Shaken baby.

Thank you for your follow up.

It is important for your son to consult and retain an experienced local Los Angeles criminal defense attorney given potential allegations and potential major criminal charges of child abuse.

Unfortunately, your son will be held in custody in Alabama, until authorities from California come and pick him up to be transported to the court in LA.

You can find an experienced local LA criminal defense attorney by using this well trusted and reliable attorney information / referral websites:

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.

Alex J. Esq. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions