Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

On Wednesday of last week my exs boyfriend sent my daughter

On Wednesday of last week my ex's boyfriend sent my daughter two posts o her face book page...the first was a video of a teenage girl confronting another that was sitting reading. The girl continued and a fight ensued. The quiet girl wound up getting the best of the other girl...he wrote..Don't mess with the quiet ones.

The second one was of a space looking character with a gun saying, I'm running around Face book killing all of the stupid people, please share me so I can get them all.

I found this very inappropriate and offensive to send to an eleven year old child. Did he violate any laws? If so...what and how can I keep this person from my daughter?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.

It's not likely that he committed any crimes with these posts - - they were not over threats to her. However, your daughter certainly can block him/unfriend him from facebook. That would stop any further contact through that medium.

If he begins using different means to contact her - - phone, email, text, etc. - - then you and your daughter could file harassment charges against him and ask for a restraining order as part of the relief from the court. This would prevent any future contact from him, and if he tried to or did make contact, you could charge him with contempt of court.