How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31657
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On Wednesday of last week my exs boyfriend sent my daughter

This answer was rated:

On Wednesday of last week my ex's boyfriend sent my daughter two posts o her face book page...the first was a video of a teenage girl confronting another that was sitting reading. The girl continued and a fight ensued. The quiet girl wound up getting the best of the other girl...he wrote..Don't mess with the quiet ones.

The second one was of a space looking character with a gun saying, I'm running around Face book killing all of the stupid people, please share me so I can get them all.

I found this very inappropriate and offensive to send to an eleven year old child. Did he violate any laws? If so...what and how can I keep this person from my daughter?
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.

It's not likely that he committed any crimes with these posts - - they were not over threats to her. However, your daughter certainly can block him/unfriend him from facebook. That would stop any further contact through that medium.

If he begins using different means to contact her - - phone, email, text, etc. - - then you and your daughter could file harassment charges against him and ask for a restraining order as part of the relief from the court. This would prevent any future contact from him, and if he tried to or did make contact, you could charge him with contempt of court.
Roger and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you