Amber E.
Amber E., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in areas of Divorce, Custody, Social Security, and Contract disputes.
17831645

i work in the wine industry on 9-8-13 a fire was started by

i work in the wine industry on 9-8-13 a fire was started by a tow truck dragging a chain CHP stopped the truck (youtube fire in sonoma ca 9-8-13)fire spread to the pallet factory short story fireman entered our warehouse ordered the owner of the winery, my boss and my self to evacuate the building a 1000 gal propane tank was about to explode I was knocked to the ground by the blast cut over my left eye fire dept "you need to go to hospital did not need stitches i missed 4+ days of work still have some pain in my head nothing i cant live with. So DO I NEED A LAWYER
Q. So DO I NEED A LAWYER

The answer really depends on how you feel about you have been treated, how the situation has been handled, and whether you are satisfied with the result. If not, if you do not believe you have been or will be fully compensated, then hiring an attorney to get you back to where you were before the incident would probably be the best way to go. This is because the existence of workers comp doesn't mean that a lawyer cannot be of help to you, especially if workers comp isn't covering all of the costs and expenses that have been incurred.

At the very least, it is often a good idea to consult with a local attorney, someone who can sit down with you, go over what happened, the injuries sustained, review the medical bills, expenses, and workers comp plan to determine whether you are getting all that you deserve. In contingency fee cases, such as this one would be, the consultations are usually free.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your time my understanding is that i should consult a local attorney "just in case" things are more severe than i thought.

Yes, that is always a good idea and shouldn't cost you anything. There may also be issues having to do with the negligence of the employer, compliance (or non compliance) with safety regs, and even prior suits that you may not be aware of. All of this information can be discovered through a consult and may shape your decision whether or not to sue.