Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Our has been foreclosed, we have been receiving numerous letters

Our has been foreclosed, we have been receiving numerous letters in the mail stating that they can help us keep our home even after the foreclusure.
We are concerned about been scammed.
Please help.

Thank you for your question. My name is Ellen. I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Unfortunately Texas statute does not provide a right of redemption after foreclosure by a mortgage holder. This means that there is no right to reclaim your property after a foreclosure has taken place by a mortgage holder. A redemption period exists for tax sales and property owner association foreclosures but not for mortgage foreclosures. Therefore any agency promising to redeem the house after mortgage foreclosure is a scam.

You can consider contacting Ocwen to see if they would be willing to voluntarily reinstate your loan. My best suggestion is that you retain counsel for any contact with ocwen

I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear.

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I called Citizens Against Evictions and was informed that they could guarantee up to 4 - 6 months to be able to stay in our house.

For $1,500.00 they will help us with all legal proceeding and forms regarding the eviction, but we would have to do the actual filing of the forms and going to court.

Delays to the eviction process are possible however no one can honestly promise that they can prevent an eviction or delay in eviction for 4 to 6 months. That said, you may be able to negotiate directly with ocwen for additional time in the home. You may also be able to negotiate "cash for keys". This is a program where the mortgage holder will pay a prior owner an amount of money to move out of the house on a specific date without causing damage to the home

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did call a company about "cash for keys", but we would have to maove in 30 days.

Is it possible that Ocwen could reinstate our mortgage.

Also, have you had any dealings with Ocwen and if so, have you had any success with them.

In the past when I have called them, the calls have been routed to India and there have been communications problems.

You would call ocwen directly for cash for keys

It is possible

Yes I have dealt with the many times and I have been successful prior to the sale. I have not had success with reinstatement after the sale

You can consider not taking any action until you receive a complaint for eviction. At that time you can contact the attorney representing Ocwen

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not the answer I wanted to hear, but it is what I expected.

Our only goal is to try in stay in our house or at least until after the first of the year.

We want to get through the holidays and then move is we have to.

Thank you for your help.

I understand Cindy. I do not want to give you false hope I wish you the best

Thank you very much Cindy for the "excellent service" rating and the bonus!

I really hope that this works out for you.

If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "For FiveStarLaw"

Best regards,
FiveStarLaw