Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I want to serve notice to my ex-wife that she has 30 day notice

I want to serve notice to my ex-wife that she has 30 day notice to vacate the property, can you tel me what legal form that I need to use AND do I have to have her served or can i just give it to her and also mail her a certified copy of the letter?
Hello again,
.
I was re-reading your first question and noticed that you mentioned that she has been there over a year. I apologize for missing that in my initial response. If she has been there over a year, you would have to give her a 60 day notice under CA law. In tenancies under a year, you only have to give a 30, if it is over a year, you have to give a 60.
.
There is not a standard form that has to be used, but you can click this link for one that will suit your needs:
.
http://www.landlordservices.com/eviction_forms.htm#30,_60_and_90_Day_Notice_to_Quit_Forms
.
can i just give it to her and also mail her a certified copy of the letter?
.
Yes, you can just personally serve it on her and mail a copy if you choose to. Just make sure you keep a copy of the letter if you actually have to evict her. I would immediately notify my landlord that I have started the eviction process and give them a copy of the 60 day notice as evidence of this so they will know you are taking action.
.
Once again, I am sorry I missed the fact that she has been there over a year.
.
Thanks