TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

My mother died in icu in 2002. We left her at night & got a

My mother died in icu in 2002. We left her at night & got a callin the am saying she was
brain dead. I don't understand how???? They should have interbated her. She was having trouble breathing, & before we left they gave her a breathing treatment. It has been 11 years & I can't understand this

My name is Zachary. I am a lawyer and will be helping you with your legal questions today.

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. Legally, there are no options for you at this point, as the statute of limitations for wrongful death, medical malpractice, or other negligence claims is three years.

On the other hand, there is no criminal statute of limitations for negligent/reckless homicide. If you believe that the hospitals actions might amount to negligent homicide, you may press charges with the police and seek an investigation.

Do you think that there could be a criminal act involved here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much.

Thank you for the positive rating. Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide to you. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.

Kind regards,