Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

My violently abusive boyfriend was put under a protective order

My violently abusive boyfriend was put under a protective order and told not have anything to do with me. I missed him so much that I finally called him and he told me he is on Welbutrin and is okay now. I have called him every day since and even spent time with him at his house. What effects does this have on the protective order and how does it affect me. I should add that this occurred in Orem, Utah

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing and provinging you information in this regard

This has no affect on the Order, and generally the information is placed into a database. However, until the court vacates the Order, it is effective and enforceable.

That means, that while you cannot get into any trouble for contacting him, Should you decide to call the police on him, it would be considered a violation against him and he would be arrested.