dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

I am the principal of a school in New Hampshire. I have tried

I am the principal of a school in New Hampshire. I have tried to find this answer myself, but can't seem to find it. How long can a school stay open without running water (flushing toilets)?

Hello and thank you for your question. For over 35 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

I assume you are in touch with the Board of Education of your district. And they are giving you guidance. Regardless, comparing to Hurricane Sandy, once basic necessities cannot be provided, running water, electricity, gas, a school is no longer functional and has to cease operation. The legal argument is that the school, by continuing to operate, is jeopardizing the heath and safety of its children. However, this decision must still be made by the School Board as you receive your directions from them.

I wish you well. Please rate my answer ok or better so that I can get paid for assisting you.

I wish you well.