Joseph, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with significant and substantial experience in multiple areas of law.

If I work for a company based in Washington State from my home

If I work for a company based in Washington State from my home in Illinois and am laid off, do I apply for unemployment in WA or IL?

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You would always apply for unemployment benefits from the state in which you reside (not the state where you work, or the state where the company is located).

So, if you are laid off, you'd apply for unemployment benefits in Illinois, not Washington.

I hope the above information is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any clarifying or follow up questions as I want to ensure that you are completely satisfied with my service. Please contact me first if you are contemplating leaving me a negative rating, as I’ll be happy to continue to address your concerns until you are completely satisfied with my service.

If not, please remember to rate my answer positively so I get credit for my work. Please also rate me highly (9-10) when you receive your customer satisfaction survey as well.

Thanks and best of luck!