Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

My husband received a speeding ticket right outside the military

My husband received a speeding ticket right outside the military base in NC. His license is from California, and we just PCS to NC in May. This will be his second speeding ticket within 5 years. In order for our auto insurance not to go up again, how should he go about this ticket?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Under NC law, there is something called a prayer for judgment, which can be used twice in 5 years and as long as the speeding was not more than 25 MPH over the limit. The prayer for judgment allows him to pay a fine but it is not listed as a guilty on his drivers license and would not hit his insurance record.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.